Serena Hotel is a luxury hotel situated just 2 kms distance away from the City Centre opposite Uganda’s Parliamentary Building. Strategically situated at the very heart of Kampala Capital City, Serena hotel is an investment of International chain of Sera Hotels.
Spanning on 7.2 acres of landscaped grounds and water gardens, Serena hotel is Uganda’s five star hotel surrounded by the stunning seven hills of Kampala.
Serena Hotel consists of 152-rooms and this makes it to be the best place in Kampala to handle national and regional events, business and social aspects of life as well as other corporate events.
Drawing its architectural design from the abundance of Uganda's lakes and rivers, the hotel has been established around a central water theme, which displays itself both in the extensive water gardens and in the hand-carved panels and shimmering mosaics with which it is decorated.
The unique five-star hotel provides an international conference Centre, a rock-sculptured pool terrace ,a garden auditorium, a roof-top terrace, three restaurants, the Moorish palace of the ‘Maisha Mind Body ,two bars and Spirit Spa'.
Accommodation at Kampala Serena Hotel offers world class facilities and services. Uganda’s finest hotel offers a wide range of rooms and suites, all of which are stylishly presented in a blend of both Uganda Style and international style.
The following are the room types found in the hotel.
Kampala Serena Hotel has total of 108 deluxe rooms which consist of a large en suite bath room, work station, dressing table, seating area and terrace. It has 24 hour room service and is air conditioned.
The word class accommodation facility –Serena hotel consists of 32 executive rooms designed with unique features such as a large queen sized beds, dressing table, a spacious lounge/meeting area as well as an en suite bathroom, dressing table and work station.
The famous Hotel in Kampala has eight well-built executive suites and these are designed with magnificent features like a large en suite bedroom with dressing table, seating area, balcony and work station. The executive rooms provide dining area where private meetings can be conducted.
Serena hotel has three Business Suites which offer glorious views of the stunning see hills of Kampala. The Business Suites offer both a separate lounge and classic bedroom with a large ensuite bedroom with dressing table, seating area and terrace or balcony work station. In addition, the hotel’s Business Suites also offer a seating and dining area where private meetings can be conducted.
The Royal Suite
The hotel has a Royal Suite which was named in honor of Queen Elizabeth II who stayed at the suite during the 2008 Common Wealth Heads of Government Conference in Kampala. The Splendid suite offers a marble reception area with private wash rooms, an imposing drawing room, private kitchen and dining room; a large ensuite bedroom with integrated office suite, and a range of rooms for the accommodation of members of the royal or presidential parties.
The Bambara Resident’s Lounge
Kampala Serena hotel has Bambara Resident’s Lounge which is only reserved for Kampala Serena Hotel residents only. The luxuriously hand- carved Bambara residents lounge is designed in way that it offers haven of Calm to visitors and place where newspapers are always found and all day café options. There is Bedouin-tented terrace which is used for private meetings and social relaxation with in Kampala. Additionally, the residents are invited to use the extensive services of the Business Centre, which offers a complete and total range of private board room and technological support.
Kampala Serena hotel being the best lodge in Uganda, offers wide-range of general amenities and facilities. Some of these are given below;
- Wide selection of rooms and suites: all with AC, satellite TV, Wi-Fi and voice-mail
- Bambara Residents' Lounge with Bedouin Terrace
- The Lakes, all-day brasserie
- The Mist, cocktail bar
- The Explorer, Italian bistro
- The Pearl of Africa, fine-dining experience
- The Sesse Pool Terrace bar and café
- Panoramic roof terrace for private cocktails and social events
- Garden auditorium
- Extensive swimming pool area with rock-built waterfall
- The Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa
- Running track in the grounds and golf course (nearby)
- Hair and beauty salon
- International Conference Centre to seat 1,500
- VIP entrance, helipad, dedicated car park, full security
- Wide range of incentives options
- Business Centre, travel desk, taxi and limousine service
- Wedding planning service
- Gift Shop, news-stand and travel requisites kiosks
All Rooms in Kampala Serena hotel have the following amenities:
- 24-hour room service,
- Wi-Fi and in-room modem hook-up
- Direct-dial phone, voice-mail
- Complimentary newspaper
- In-room satellite TV, mini bar,
- Private safe, 240V/3 pin (square) sockets and shaver sockets,
- Tea and coffee-making facilities,
- Hair driers, bathrobe and slippers,
- Porter/concierge, airport shuttle and limousine service.